Board and staff leadership of The Foundation for Evangelism (FFE) will engage a select group of innovative Christian leaders in Atlanta, Ga. on January 30-31, 2017 to determine how the FFE may best support evangelistic efforts in the spirit of John Wesley.
“The Evangelism Summit is designed to help The Foundation for Evangelism effectively engage with our key constituencies, which include laity, local church pastors and younger generations, and to determine best practices for evaluating the impact of those partnerships,” said Dr. Larry Klemann, board chair.
The group of 11 United Methodist leaders and Christian innovators, experts who have effective evangelism ministries, were specifically selected for their areas of impact that match the FFE grant focus areas. The FFE identified ministries across the United States where metrics exist to document that lives are being transformed–places where the ideas leaders read about are no longer ideas, but ministry reality.
“We recognize that we are not the practitioners who can answer the key questions. These exceptional leaders can help FFE more clearly understand how evangelism succeeds today, what are needed improvements for the future, and where FFE can invest our grant funds to have the greatest possible impact,” Mrs. Mary Brooke Casad, task force leader and immediate past board chair, said.
“We spent a great deal of time locating ‘next generation leaders.’ We specifically invited folks who are catching the attention of today’s leaders, who in turn say to us, ‘you better keep your eye on that one –God is at work in that ministry!'” Casad said.
Through careful listening and guided discussion during the Evangelism Summit, the FFE leadership expects to inform its ongoing efforts to discern where God is calling The Foundation to engage, provide resources, and encourage efforts to address adaptive challenges in Wesleyan evangelism.
The following individuals/ministries will be participating in the summit:
- Adolf Hanson, Theologian in Residence, St. Luke’s UMC Indianapolis,
- Craig Robertson, Founder, Spiritual Leadership, Inc.,
- Eric Lindh, National Executive Director, Project Transformation,
- Heather Lear, Director of Evangelism Ministries, Discipleship Ministries of the UMC,
- Kay Kotan, Founder, You Unlimited,
- Olu Brown, Lead Pastor, Impact Church;
- Scott Chrostek, Campus Pastor, RezDowntown, [The UMC of the Resurrection]
- Tyler Best, Campus Minister, Pfrimmer’s Chapel UMC,
- Owen Ross, Founding Pastor, Christ Foundry,
- Rob Peabody, Co-Founder, Awaken, and
- Adam Weber, Founding Pastor, Embrace Church.
Headquartered in Lake Junaluska, North Carolina, the FFE is an international grant-making foundation that promotes, encourages and provides resources to grow Wesleyan evangelism by bringing all people into a life-transforming relationship with Jesus Christ. Of particular interest are ministries impacting young people and the local church.