The Foundation for Evangelism is seeking nominations for the 2016 Distinguished Evangelist of the United Methodist Church Award. With this honor, the Foundation creates a platform from which exceptional, innovative leaders who are in ministry in a United Methodist setting can serve as role models and inspiration for others seeking new, impactful ways to approach evangelism in the spirit of John Wesley. Nomination deadline – 9/15/2016
Each year The Foundation for Evangelism recognizes one person as the Distinguished Evangelist of The United Methodist Church. The purpose of this grant is to
Evangelism happens in many contexts and many settings. Evangelism impacts and engages all generations and requires relationship among a variety of persons. All are called to be evangelists – not just those who are also called to be clergy. It is the purpose of this award to celebrate, inspire, encourage and equip ALL who are called to bring others into life-transforming relationships with Jesus Christ.
The Distinguished Evangelist of The United Methodist Church:
- Is an innovator.
- Practices evangelism in the Methodist or Wesleyan context in a United Methodist setting.
- Is known for the tangible ways in which their ministry transforms the lives of those they lead, mentor, and shepherd.
- Nurtures, mentors, and develops “Timothy” leaders who seek to be in ministry in similar ways.
- States clearly “Why Jesus.”
- Embodies FFE’s vision of growing generations of Christ Followers – clergy and laity – who have a passion for evangelism.
The Distinguished Evangelist of The United Methodist Church will be invited to:
- Participate in media efforts to promote FFE and this award.
- Speak at the Lake Junaluska Summer Sermon Series the summer following being named.
- Deliver a featured lecture as the Distinguished Evangelist of The United Methodist Church on a national stage.
- Participate in FFE’s Speakers Bureau.
- Share with FFE links to websites, blogs and other social media with which they are affiliated.
- Provide articles and videos (or access to existing) for use on the FFE website.
The Distinguished Evangelist of the United Methodist Church is announced each fall.
Return by September 15, 2016
Send Nominations to:
The Foundation for Evangelism
P. O. Box 985
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745