by ROBERT C. SCHNASE
How do I cultivate a life that is purposeful, deep, and fruitful? What are the commitments, critical risks, and personal practices that open me to God’s grace? How can I discover the spiritual life and the difference God intends for me to make in the world?
Radical Hospitality. Passionate Worship. Intentional Faith Development. Risk-Taking Mission and Service. Extravagant Generosity.
Five Practices of Fruitful Living provides an honest, practical, and winsome guide to the spiritual journey. By repeating and deepening certain fundamental practices, we cooperate with God in our spiritual growth. These five practices – to receive God’s love, to love God in return, to grow in Christ, to serve others, and to give ourselves fully – as we attend to them and develop them, help us settle ourselves in God and become instruments of God’s grace. Following Christ will change your heart; and through you, God will change the world.
Evangelism and Witnessing
- Witness: Learning to Share Your Christian Faith – Ron Crandall
- Unbinding the Gospel: Real Life Evangelism – Martha Grace Reese
- The Celtic Way of Evangelism – George Hunter III
- Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations – Bishop Robert Schnase
- Faith-Sharing: Dynamic Christian Witnessing by Invitation – Eddie Fox & George Morris
- Evangelism in the Small Membership Church – Royal Speidel
- The Contagious Witness: Exploring Christian Conversion – Ron Crandall
- Can We Talk? Sharing Your Faith in a Pre-Christian World – Robert Tuttle, Jr.
Books by E. Stanley Jones Professors
- Dr. Drew Dyson
- Soul-Tending: Life Forming Practices for Older Youth & Young Adults, Abingdon
- Faith Forming Junior High Youth Ministry, Abingdon Press
- Scripture Talks: Creative Messages for Youth Ministry, Abingdon Press
- 52 Devotions to Feed Your Fire: Soul Tending for Youth Workers, Abingdon
- Dr. Stephen Gunter
- Limits of Love Divine
- Wesley and the Quadrilateral: Renewing the Conversation
- John Wesley’s Social Ethics: Praxis and Principles
- Resurrection Knowledge: Recovering the Gospel for a Postmodern Church
- John Wesley and the Netherlands (Kingswood Books)
- Considering the Great Commission: Evangelism And Mission in the Wesleyan Spirit
- Prof. Achim Hartner
- Predigen Lernen. Ein Lehrbuch fur die Praxois, 2. Ed.
- Unterwegs in Leben – Standpunkte bestimmen, Orientierung gewinnen, Wege beginnen.
- Glaube bildet. Bildung als Thema von Theologie und Kirche (mit Holger Eschmann), Reutlinger Theologische Studien 5
- Dr. John Wesley Kurewa
- Biblical Proclamation for Africa Today
- Preaching & Cultural Identity: Proclaiming the Gospel in Africa
- The Church in Mission: A Short History of The United Methodist Church in Zimbabwe
- Dr. F. Douglas Powe, Jr.
- Transforming Evangelism: The Wesleyan Way of Sharing Faith, co-authored with Henry H. Knight
- Dr. Bryan Stone
- Compassionate Ministry: Theological Foundations
- Faith and Film: Theological Themes at the Cinema
- Thy Nature and Thy Name Is Love
- Evangelism after Christendom: The Theology and Practice of Christian Witness
- Dr. Leonard Sweet
- 11 Indispensable Relationships You Can’t Be Without – Dr. Leonard Sweet
- The Church of the Perfect Storm
- The Three Hardest Words: In the World to Get Right
- Summoned to Lead
- Post-Modern Pilgrims: First Century Passion for the 21st Century Church
- Out of the Question…Into the Mystery: Getting Lost in the GodLife Relationship
- New Life in the Spirit
- Jesus Drive Me Crazy!
- The Gospel According to Starbucks: Living with a Grande Passion
- Dr. Laceye Warner
- The Study of Evangelism: Exploring a Missional Practice of the Church
- Saving Women: Retrieving Evangelistic Theology and Practice