Employment Opportunities – POSITION POSTING CLOSES MARCH 24, 2014
Use Your Proven Skills, Determination & Passion to Build an Uplifting Career!
For 65 years The Foundation for Evangelism has served the ministries of the United Methodist Church with support and funding for seminary students and professors as well as laypeople involved in faith-based missions. Our exciting work equips new generations of pastors and congregations throughout the U.S. and around the world. To build on our history of success, we seek a dynamic professional to join us as Director for Development.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, committed to upholding our values, and capable of expanding our footprint through the creation of innovative fundraising programs. Essential qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of successful fundraising program development (campaign creation, marketing & measurement)
- Proven ability to create integrated marketing strategies that achieve internal and external organizational goals
- Solid track record of influencing current and prospective donors through direct solicitation
- Proficiency using current donor database management tools, such as DonorPerfect
- Thorough knowledge of social media, search engine marketing and electronic messaging
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills and strong presentation abilities
- High degree of integrity, ambition and results-mindedness with strong collaboration skills
- Availability for extensive domestic travel and some international travel
The team player selected will contribute to our success by assuming responsibility for:
- Working with our President and Board to establish short- and long-term goals for increasing gifts from current and potential donors; identifying new sources of funding; and re-energizing our major gifts programs
- Creating marketing communications strategies to achieve those goals
- Actively leveraging the contacts of our President, Board and academic partners through direct solicitation efforts
- Consistently monitoring and adjusting campaigns to ensure successful outcomes
To learn more about the Director of Development position, email a request for additional information.
To apply, email or mail your resume to The Foundation for Evangelism, PO Box 985, Lake Junaluska, NC 28745.
The Foundation for Evangelism is an equal opportunity employer, upholding federal and state employment laws.