Posted on March 26, 2019
Deadline to Apply: April 19, 2019
The Foundation for Evangelism is adding a part-time Hospitality Coordinator to its team. The preferred candidate should desire a flexible schedule, excel at hospitality and service, thrive on details, and be able to complete tasks efficiently. A love of people is necessary for this position!
About The Foundation for Evangelism:
We make grants to organizations who share our devotion for creating disciples so changed by their relationship with Jesus Christ that they cannot stop themselves from serving as Christ served, or sharing “Why Jesus” in all aspects of their lives. A key part of the work is hosting groups as they study, train, innovate, resource, and equip disciples to share the Good News of Jesus Christ – in essence, we are a catalyst for their development.
Our team needs someone with a passion for providing exceptional hospitality to our ministry partners, and who has the skills to make their interactions with our organization effortless.
- Coordinate facility and meeting services of the Foundation including:
- Schedule groups
- Collect requirements and recommend local vendors
- Develop and execute meeting agreements
- Be the contact person for groups using facilities
- Oversee meeting room setups, print/place basic signage
- Host groups using the building – open/close facility, greet event organizers and ensure that setup is adequate (flexibility required including some evenings and weekends)
- Ensure facility cleanliness and manage supplies
- Serve as the first contact and resource connection between the Foundation, and our donors, grant recipients, and guests
- Provide administrative support to the FFE team as needed (answering phones; proofing letters and mailing lists; mail handling, etc.)
- Seated desk work with periods of standing, walking, and lightly strenuous activity including bending, kneeling, and/or lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Seasonal demand, especially during summer months.
- Schedule requires some evenings and weekends
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Christian who thrives in a team environment
- Exceptional hospitality skills and phone etiquette
- Professional, well-groomed appearance
- Proficient using a computer with Microsoft Office software
- Dexterity to touch-type on keyboard and use mouse
- Flexibility and accountability for working independently
- Covenant participant (each employee signs a conflict of interest and is accountable to the behavior and work practices covenant with fellow team members)
- Dependability – arrive on-time, work independently, complete scheduled shift
- Prior experience in hospitality, customer service, or related field
- Knowledge of Methodist-related churches
Job Start Date: May 15, 2019
Position Status: Part time, with some added seasonal demand
Submit Resume and References to: Barby Bowser – email@example.com